[CT Birds] Broad Brook Birds

Jan Collins jgcollins at cox.net
Wed Aug 6 21:16:50 EDT 2014

8/6/14  7 PM Broad Brook Mill Pond, East Windsor, on my way to count Chimney
Swifts for DEEP at the East Windsor Middle School in Broad Brook, I stopped
at the Mill Pond and had the continuing Great Egret roosting in a tree with
4 Cormorants, Blue Heron, 2 Green Heron, Kingfisher, Canada Geese, Mallard,
6 species of shorebirds including Spotted, Solitary, Least, Semipalmated
Sandpiper, Semipalmated Plover, and Killdeer as well as 4 swallow species
including a couple Purple Martins.  Then at the school had 133 Swifts enter
the chimney for the night.

Jan in Somers