[CT Birds] Milford Point, Sandy Point highlights

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 19:09:54 EDT 2014

In addition to the continuing adult AMERICAN GOLDEN PLOVER this afternoon,
we had a juv "WESTERN" WILLET, 3 adult RED KNOTS, and an immature LITTLE
BLUE HERON among the regulars.

Tern numbers were up over 300, though they were quite distant and nothing
other than Commons and a single Least Tern were seen. We had our first
juvenile Semipalmated Sandpipers (a few) and Semipalmated Plovers (two)
among the throngs of adults.

Earlier in the day, with Greg Hanisek and Bill Banks, at Sandy Pt in West
Haven we had single ROSEATE and FORSTER'S TERNS in the Common Tern flock.

I've posted a couple digiscoped photos of the golden-plover here:
http://www.shorebirder.com/2014/08/milford-point-golden-plover-western.html

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com