[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge Hawk Watch starts Tomorrow! Weekend Volunteers Wanted

Ryan Maclean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 11:45:55 EDT 2014

While everyone's mind may be on shorebirds right now, these first chills to
the air are giving us dreams of Broad-Winged Hawk kettles already. There's
still a few weeks to go until we expect those streams of 500 hawks, but
Quaker Ridge Hawk Watch at Audubon Greenwich will be up and running for the
season TOMORROW, AUGUST 20TH!

As many of you know, we rely on volunteers to cover Saturdays and Sundays
for the season. While we have a reliable base of friends who continue to
graciously devote their time to our hawk watch, we always welcome any new
faces who'd like to help us out in counting the thousands of hawks that
pass over Greenwich every fall.

IF YOU'D LIKE TO VOLUNTEER TO DO THE COUNT ON ANY WEEKEND DAYS THIS FALL:
please email me at ryanmac335 at gmail.com

Even if you're new to IDing hawks in flight, we welcome anybody who would
like to come up and learn from us (and hopefully see 2,000+ hawks while
doing it). This fall we'll be implementing a variety of new outreach and
education programs geared towards the hawk watch and you can expect to hear
about those soon!

Until then, we hope to see alot of you in the coming weeks to get the
season underway. Whoever spots the Zone-Tailed Hawk gets a trip to Veracruz
(maybe...)

-Ryan MacLean
Audubon Greenwich