[CT Birds] what a difference a day makes

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Thu Aug 21 20:36:56 EDT 2014

Went to Eagleville (Mansfield) again to look for  nighthawks, but where
yesterday I saw many hundreds, tonight I saw 39. Most of  them came late, when
it was almost too dark to see, and flew  in 1's, 2's  and 3's, plus one
group of  5
Best bird of the night was a Great Egret, who flew directly up  over the
dam and straight up the river, flying fairly high. Got a glimpse of his
yellow bill or it would have been dicey. 3 Chimney Swifts, flying down river,
and 2 Great Blue Herons, 1 the resident, the other a closely watched  flyover.
 About a dozen Cedar Waxwings, perching on the rocks below  the dam, and 2
Spotted Sandpipers flying in and out.

Don Morgan,  Coventry
mntncougar at aol.com