[CT Birds] Feeders

minor.craig minor.craig at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 23 13:28:55 EDT 2014

This a bit off the topic of bird identity , I thought I would share my solution to raccoons etc raiding the feeders . I take a wire coat hanger and straighten it out, making a bend in both ends one to hang it from a branch and the other to hang the feeder . Then I trim away most of the smaller branches from the area of the coat hanger and hang it from a branch that will support the feeder and birds but not a raiding racoon. Since they have hand they will grab the wire and shake to dislodge the feeder . But if the branch won't support them , problem solved . Hope this helps . ( I still put some seeds on the ground for them ) I just got tired of the feeders getting ruined . Craig -vernon