[CT Birds] Granby, 8/23/14 -- 500 or more Nighthawks passing through

John Weeks aerie.john at cox.net
Sat Aug 23 18:15:00 EDT 2014

At 5:30 PM this evening, hundreds of Common Nighthawks were streaming south for over a mile along Rt 10 in the center of Granby.  Luckily, I forgot this morning to buy pasta sauce for the lasagna I am making, so I had to run back into town -- just in time to see the show.  There were easily 500 of them overhead, and the real total could have been as high as a thousand.  Being forgetful has its uses. ;-)

John Weeks
Granby