[CT Birds] good late Hr in yard in Harwinton

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 24 18:58:34 EDT 2014

Just came in from 80 mins in my side yard sitting and looking for Night Hawks. From 5:30 to 6;40 I saw only 8, and they were all flying north east! I also had some good movement of other migrents as well.

8 Night Hawk
1 Sharp shinned Hawk - going due West - Imm
5 Hummers - moving through plus 2 feeding on Jewelweed
3 Wood Pewee
1 Pheobe
1 Empidonax - ?
3 Red eyed Vireo
2 Blue headed Vireo
1 possible Philadelpia 90% sure
2 Canada Warbler - feeding in tree top - unusual sight.
2 Yellow-rump Warbler - Imm, 1 feeding from lawn.
2 Redstart
1 Black & White
3 Black-t-Green
1 Magnolia - Imm
plus local breeders as well
Have 25 plus Chipping Sparrow at feeder.