[CT Birds] Ruby-throated Hummingbirds

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 19:33:34 EDT 2014

On a rare day at home, I found my hummingbird feeder almost constantly
occupied with various adults and juvies coming and going.  These birds are
obviously porking up for their migration.  Several of the adult males look
as though they had swallowed a walnut, they were so rotund!
Remember all, that Lighthouse Point Park is a great place to experience
hummingbird migration, and Labor Day is often the high count day.  Come
join us, but plan to arrive early to get a parking spot!  At the gate, be
sure to say you are with the hawk watch.

The Rev. Dana L. Campbell
Priest in Charge, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Middletown CT
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"In order to see birds it is necessary to become part of the silence."
Robert Lynd