[CT Birds] Decals on windows to prevent bird strikes, replace now

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 20 09:32:47 EDT 2014

Off topic in terms of birds but this does have to do with protecting birds. I was busy yesterday replacing decals on windows on our house here to prevent bird strikes. The UV decals I use on our windows have to be replaced every year so I decided to replace our decals before bird migration picks up here. The hawk shaped decals we use are UV tinted and reflect a solid blue image to birds but are transparent to people. I order my decals from Duncraft in New Hampshire. The decals are not cheap and one does need to have up a decal for every 3 square feet of window but I have found them very helpful in preventing bird strikes on windows. Window and building strikes kill millions of bird every year. When I worked in a modern glass covered building in Wallingford, CT ages ago now I was upset when I arrived at my office one Spring morning to find a dead wood thrush on the path to my office door. Take a little time and get up decals on windows to prevent bird

David W Babington
Washington, CT