[CT Birds] SEABIRDS are here!

Thomas Robben robben99 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 02:44:04 EDT 2014

It is less than two weeks until our 8hour pelagic trip off Cape Cod on Sept
7th, and based on seabirds reported off Cape Cod in the last few weeks, you
just might want to join us.

The last few weeks have seen tens of thousands of shearwaters off Cape Cod
Ptown beaches, and this weekend's BBC 36hour trip to Hydrographer Canyon
was spectacular, including this rich list of species:  White-faced Storm
Petrel, Black-capped Petrel, Red-billed tropicbird, Audubon's Shearwaters,
Band-rumped Storm-petrels, Leach's Storm-petrels, South Polar Skua, plus
the commoner shearwaters, jaegers and phalaropes. BBC will release a full
report soon.

In other words, this is becoming an excellent year for seabirding off New
England (which included Fea's Petrel and Yellow-nosed Albatross not far
offshore), and you might want to join us on September 7th. Just a
suggestion.

If you do decide to join our September 7th pelagic trip from Plymouth MA,
go to this website:    trips33.blogspot.com

Tom Robben