[CT Birds] Friendly Bobwhite in Ridgefield

Devin Hefferon dhefferon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 19:09:07 EDT 2014

Hello CT Birders

My aunt whole lives in Ridgefield sent me photos and video of what appears to be a Northern Bobwhite in her backyard. Strange thing is that this bird is strangely friendly. It approached them instead of fleeing or flying.  A photo can be found on my blog page:http://theramblingbrambling.blogspot.com/

Has anyone heard of these being kept as an exotic pet? It's behavior is uber strange. In any case, an interesting sighting for Ridgefield.

Devin Hefferon
Dhefferon at gmail.com