[CT Birds] Hamden Eagles - Supersized

Mike Horn mfhorn at att.net
Wed Aug 27 20:09:04 EDT 2014

Hi All. There is nothing like a river full of fish to stop eagles in flight.
The Quinnipiac River is full of bluefish and we are adding to or population
daily. Tonight we picked up another adult  - a skinny bird with no bands -
probably a male - it will fatten up soon enough. We now have 3 adults and 7
immature of assorted ages. They fish all day and show up at the nest tree
cluster at WB Mason on State St Hamden about sunset and put on a show for
about a half an hour - Singing and chasing each other and knocking each
other off branches - Playing. We average about 7 to 9 people a night to view
the "Live Action". Regards, Mike Horn - Hamden