[CT Birds] MERLIN v. PHALAROPE

Joseph Budrow jbudrow at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 28 12:02:59 EDT 2014

Got to Guilford on Wednesday for a second attempt at the
phalarope. At 5pm my scope came upon it and as I was about to let out a “yesss!!”
the little guy hunkered down lower into the water when a merlin buzzed the
scene sending all peeps and ‘larope flying away. I figured that was my 15
seconds of excitement. I did find it a few minutes later acing a bit timidly
and just staying in one location looking left and right…and up.

Cool sighting and props to whoever found it first. Nice
find.

Joe