[CT Birds] Cape May, Canada, Magnolia Warblers - Branford

Gina Nichol gina at sunrisebirding.com
Fri Aug 29 17:27:22 EDT 2014

Sorry for the late report. This day got away from me.

Steve Bird and I birded our new patch this morning off Hosley Avenue in
Branford.  The upper "Hiking" parking lot of the Lake Saltonstall recreational
area is open with east facing tamarack trees along the edge and is good
sometimes when the morning light hits it.  Highlights were Cape May Warbler,
Canada Warbler and several Magnolias.  A Water Company permit is required to
visit this property. Info at
South Central Connecticut Regional Water Authority
--http://www.rwater.com/products-and-services/recreation/
Phone: 203-562-4020
eBird report below.

Gina & Steve Bird
Branford, CT

-----------------------
Lake Saltonstall, Branford, ct, New Haven, US-CT
Aug 29, 2014 7:30 AM - 8:00 AM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:     Steve Bird and I birded around"hiking parking lot" off Hosley
Avenue at the north end near Brushy Plain Road. Water company permit required to
be in this area.
26 species

Mourning Dove  1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  1