[CT Birds] Fwd: eBird Report - Upper Lake Whitney Cycle, Aug 29, 2014

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Fri Aug 29 20:45:30 EDT 2014

Upper Lake Whitney is about 3+' down today, mostly affecting the bay by Mather and Waite & especially the area N. of Waite towards Mill River mouth, where there's the most visible lake bed.  There were Killdeer and either Solitaries or Spotted, I think -- a bit too far for me to be sure, even with my scope.

I also saw a House Wren, on Mather east of Waite, on the south side (looking towards Treadwell).  I've not seen many of them around here all the years I've been here.  Flo, as you can tell, RWA territory.

Lots of Wood Ducks, and few others.  I guess a good year for the woodies here.  And, relative lots of Great Blue Heron -- 5 or 6 two days running.  (Yesterday, I did have B-c Night-Heron, so all 4 common ones, & my wife saw the BCNH today.)

So, trot over with a scope & see what's up!

Begin forwarded message: