James Dugan jim at duganworks.com
Sun Aug 31 14:11:34 EDT 2014

For the remainder of my days I will never forget seeing a juvenile Northern Gannet fly south not more than 125' above Stamford Avenue back into the Sound after Sandy hit. This was well after sunrise so I assumed the bird was blown well inland and was likely visible over downtown Stamford. Then again there were many sights over the two days my brother Patrick and I spent on the Stamford shore as that storm came and went that I will never forget. On Monday the 29th of the storm we had 18 Gannets and then 8 more on Tuesday the 30th.

Jim Dugan
New Milford