[CT Birds] Fwd: Lake Whitney drawdown starting today

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 10:34:19 EDT 2014

Thanks a bunch for keeping us posted, Arthur. This is very useful

As Arthur noted, local birders should keep an eye on the shorebird
situation here. Muddy edges and flats along reservoirs can be extremely
productive for shorebirds at this time of year, including for birds like
Baird's Sandpiper or rarer. For instance, back in 1999 Mark Szantyr found
the state's second Sharp-tailed Sandpiper in Waterbury in similar habitat.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT