[CT Birds] Lighthouse Point Hawk Watch, 8-28-14

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Thu Aug 28 20:54:56 EDT 2014

A little bit of a disappointment; very few birds, even with  almost perfect
conditions. Strong Northwest winds, crystal clear skies and white  puffy
clouds building throughout the day. A total of 4 migrating Bald Eagles,  one
an adult, and an additional adult that I lost track of,  following the  other
one. Otherwise, only the park Merlin and lots of Osprey circling, some as
high as the eagles. Approx. 150 Tree Swallows and 300 Chimney Swifts. Just
too  early for any real migration I guess.
Don Morgan,  Coventry
mntncougar at aol.com