[CT Birds] Yellow-bellied sapsucker, immature, at tea time - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 29 08:43:24 EDT 2014

While having a cup of tea here at home in Washington, CT yesterday afternoon (Thursday, 28 Aug) I noted a young yellow-bellied sapsucker very busily working on the branch of a lilac bush by the side of our house. The sapsucker worked busily away on this branch for about five minutes before flying off to a near by maple tree. Always nice to see a sapsucker, a fairly common bird here, up close.

David W Babington
Washington, CT