[CT Birds] Osprey facts I didn't know.

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sun Aug 31 21:38:11 EDT 2014

This quote is from the Michigan DNR and is about Mi., but I'm  sure it
applies to our birds as well:
 Young male ospreys migrate to Central  or South American in September,
where they remain for two years, which is when  they become sexually mature.
After securing a mate, the pair return to Southern  Michigan in springtime –
often to the same nest where the male was  born.
We  can tell an osprey is getting ready to migrate because one day it
starts to fly  a little farther from its nest and then comes back,. They do this
several times,  each time going farther and farther from the nest, until one
day they don’t come  back.”
Don Morgan,  Coventry
mntncougar at aol.com