[CT Birds] W Haven Buff-Breast, Am Golden, Wil Phalarope, Knots, Forster's

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 2 15:36:51 EDT 2014

From Frank Mantlik
9/2. West Haven, Sandy Point, 12:00-3:00 - 2 WILSON'S PHALAROPES, 1 AMERICAN GOLDEN-PLOVER, 1 BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER, 1 WESTERN SANDPIPER (juv), 12 RED KNOTS, 3000 Common Terns, 3 FORSTER'S TERNS, 1 ROSEATE TERN (juv), HORNED GREBE, GREATER SCAUP, etc.
All of the rare stuff was on the flats and water's edge at the very end of the Point proper; walk past the new butterfly garden, then left out to beach, then north.
I agree with Gina that this has been my best birding day here ever, except when the Snowy Plover was here years ago.

Sent from my iPhone