[CT Birds] Night Hawk question

bensilano at netscape.net bensilano at netscape.net
Wed Sep 3 08:46:00 EDT 2014

Here is a question for everyone. Do Night Hawks fly in flocks? I saw a large group of birds the other night, flying in the same direction close to sunset. They all had a white stripe on their wings and were about the size of Common Night Hawks. If this was not a sighting of Night Hawks, then what kind of bird could it have been? My sighting was near the center of Canaan (not New Canaan), this past Monday about an hour before sunset. It may be good  add that there are a lot of very big lit parking lots in this area.

Thank you, Ben in New Hartford