[CT Birds] HAS Monthly Meeting Sep. 9, 2014 - Confusing Fall Warblers by Frank Mantlik

Sara Zagorski penguinsz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 3 19:14:06 EDT 2014

St. James's Episcopal Church, 1018 Farmington Ave, West Hartford, CT

7:00 PM    Refreshments
7:30 PM    Meeting

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2014
SPEAKER: FRANK MANTLIK
Confusing Fall Warblers
In the  spring the warblers arrive in their colorful plumage, matching the  pictures we have studied in our field guides. But come fall, a bird that  you thought you knew well could look very different. How does one tell all  those drab yellow-greenish birds apart?
Frank  Mantlik, noted Connecticut birder and trip leader for Sunrise Birding LLC,  will give an overview of the birds in their different plumages with tips  on how to identify them in the field.

Sara Zagorski
Wethersfield