[CT Birds] Stumped on bird ID

Daisy daisye23 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 08:55:49 EDT 2014

Came across what appeared to be two grayish birds together with two bright yellow bands going across the wings. They looked very similar to female redstarts and very well could have been. Is it common for a female to have two bright yellow bars on wings? Every picture I see is only one. Also- I wanted to know if anyone knows of a grey bird with a bright yellow band mid-tail. I'm not sure if this was the same bird but I only got a view of the tail, fanned out. Again- reminded me of a female redstart but it had a yellow band going all the way across as opposed to just large spots. They were found at Birdcraft in Fairfield

~Daisy Echevarria
Groton, CT