[CT Birds] How to submit

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Thu Sep 4 14:21:02 EDT 2014

Mahlon,

There are a few things that have to go right to get your message posted.

First, I see that you are subscribed to CTBirds already, so that's taken care of.

Second, you must send your post FROM the email address that is subscribed, mahlonhale at sbcglobal.net.  Sometimes people try to post from work, or a phone configured with a different email, and those don't work.  If that is where you need to post from the usual workaround is to have me set up that other email account with a subscription that does not receive any messages.

Third, the TO address is ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org.  If you have anything similar in your address book get rid of it so that you can't choose it by mistake.

Fourth, the list is TEXT ONLY.  So your picture (nice shot!) would get cast aside by the system, as would all formatting such as Bold, Italic, colored text, or different fonts.  Some people, I don't know how, manage to send messages that don't have a version of what they say in text.  Strange email system is my assumption.

Finally, since you are in Digest mode, if you are commenting on a Digest message please remember to remove the extraneous text.  That means just throw away the entire Digest message, or all but one message out of the collection.  Messages that are too large are held for review.  (Messages with photos are held because of size also.)

Please, the next time you have a problem forward the rejection to me so I can try to figure it out.

Good birding!

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT