[CT Birds] Nighthawks question -- kettle seems to be the one!

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Thu Sep 4 20:42:32 EDT 2014

Golly!  Mr. Google shows agreement with Dave Lawton:

http://www.birdnature.com/groupnames.html
http://dictionary.reference.com/writing/styleguide/animal.html
http://lenichoir.org/en/collective-nouns/

None of these, however, give any references or authorities for this usage.  And Steve's point is well-taken.