[CT Birds] Chester migrants, 9/6-9/7

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Sun Sep 7 16:49:47 EDT 2014

(Apologies for previous blank email. Forgot to change to "plain text"!)
Variety of migrants passed through the yard this weekend, 9/6-9/7 (some
seem to be settling in, thanks to our supply of dogwood berries and
birdbaths):
2 wood thrush
1 veery
2 red-eyed vireos
1 catbird
1 female redstart
1 blue-gray gnatcatcher
2 common yellowthroats
1 pewee
1 scarlet tanager
And at least 2 of our resident hummers are still active, enjoying the
honeysuckle and black-and-blue salvia. I'll have to note the date they
finally move along - usually after the honeysuckle stops producing (and
it can go for a good stretch into the fall).
~  Tammy Eustis, Chester