[CT Birds] Correction: LONG-TAILED JAEGER , 9/3

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 4 19:05:37 EDT 2014

After examining photos I obtained of the JAEGER in Long Island off of Stratford/Milford on 9/3, the bird was actually a LONG-TAILED JAEGER. This was the unanimous consensus of 4 noted experts who reviewed the photos. Key to the ID was the slight body size, the bird's body proportions, the minimal amount of white in the primaries, and the buoyant tern-like flight.
Frank Mantlik

> From: Frank Mantlik <mantlik at sbcglobal.net>
> Date: September 3, 2014 at 2:01:38 PM EDT
> To: CT Birds <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org>
> From Frank Mantlik, with Greg Hanisek-
> 9/3 - On a boat on LI Sound, mid-Sound, CT waters, off Stratford Point: PARASITIC JAEGER leisurely flying west at 1:44 pm.

Sent from my iPhone