[CT Birds] Green Heron behavior

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Thu Sep 4 23:05:37 EDT 2014

Years ago I watched a Green Heron trying to eat an eel.  Eels are incredibly strong and flexible.  The Green Heron swallowed it a few times, but I would look a couple of minutes later the eel would be out again and the heron struggling to swallow it.  I did not stay for the end, but I was betting on the eel winning.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT