[CT Birds] Fantastic encounter with a Black-t-Green Warbler.

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 5 12:26:06 EDT 2014

I would like to post here what just happened to me while eating my lunch under my Red Cedar tree. While sitting there eating, an Immature Black throated Green Warbler came down from a tree to snatch a small green worm on the lawn just one foot from my own foot. It flew into a bush just 2 feet to my right at eye level looking right at me. I talked to it as it was looking at me while eating the worm. This young bird perched there for at least 20 seconds while contemplating what this thing was that was talking to it. We had a great communication and shortly it was over when it flew back into the Birch tree. I was so impressed with such a close encounter with this tolerant bird, and I hope it also enjoyed my 20 second conversation we had as well...

Paul Carrier - Harwinton