[CT Birds] Willow fly-catcher?

Katherine Kuckens katkuckens at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 11:58:35 EDT 2014

Ran into a small flock of little gray birds descending into specimen trees
in someone's pretty yard near North Windham.  I stopped and watched for a
while as they flitted acrobtically about after tiny insects, trying to
decide what kind of flycatchers they might be.  I noted the two dull white
wing bars and what I thought was a buffy or even yellow lower half of the
beak, and the smallish crest that pointed slightly at the back top of the
head.  There were a lot of other birds making noise so I can't say if I
heard the willow fly catcher sound.  But looking at all my books and apps,
I think it was a willow.  Not that exciting, but a first for me.

Kat Kuckens
West Hartford