[CT Birds] CACC

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 13:43:01 EDT 2014

​9/10  Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center,  9:30am-1PM,  sunny,
70F, mid tide rising.
9:30-10am on Long Island Sound side
8 MALLARDS, 4 GREAT EGRETS, 2 SNOWY EGRETS, 4 WILLETS, 1 with injured left
leg,(I'm not experienced enough to determine if these are Western
Willets),3 ADULT PIPING PLOVERS, 2 juvenile PIPING PLOVERS, 1 continuing
WHITE WINGED SCOTER, 1 presumed SALT MARSH SPARROW- lots of yellow
streaking, about 100+ HERRING & RING BILLED GULLS.
10am-the male OSPREY sat on the perch the entire time I was there. He
turned around once or twice, but stayed on his perch.  1 CAROLINA WREN, 1
MOCKINGBIRD,1 SNOWY EGRET, MOURNING DOVES, CARDINALS , 1 GREAT BLACK BACKED
GULL, SONG SPARROWS, HOUSE SPARROWS.
Bev Propen, Orange