[CT Birds] Research Participation Opportunity

Brittany Davis brittany.l.davis at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Sep 10 19:20:34 EDT 2014

*Birders of All Skill Levels Needed*

Our laboratory at Vanderbilt University is looking for birders of all
levels of experience to participate in a project examining how perception
and memory for birds differs between beginners and experts of all levels.
We really do mean all levels of experience, from the true beginner to the
expert with decades of study and everything in-between.

These experiments are online on the web. They measure your ability to
remember and identify birds and sometimes other animals or objects. Many
experiments are fairly short. They can be done on any computer, wherever
and whenever you decide to do them.

One of our current experiments is a bird identification test. *Go online
and test your birding skills.*

This is the web site for our experiments:
*http://expertise.psy.vanderbilt.edu* <http://expertise.psy.vanderbilt.edu/>

Once you register your own login id and password on the site, you will be
able to participate in any experiments that are available. We expect to add
new experiments over time.

If you have questions, please contact Thomas Palmeri (
thomas.j.palmeri at vanderbilt.edu) at Vanderbilt.

Thomas Palmeri, Ph.D

Professor of Psychology

Vanderbilt University