[CT Birds] Volunteers needed for Beach Clean-up at Sandy Point in West Haven on Sept. 20th, 9am-12pm

Folsom-O'Keefe, Corrie cfolsom-okeefe at audubon.org
Thu Sep 11 13:19:29 EDT 2014

Sandy Point "Important Bird Area" Clean Up, West Haven

When: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 9:00 am to noon

New Haven Bird Club and Save the Sound are looking for volunteers to participate in our 9th beach cleanup at Sandy Point Important Bird Area in West Haven as part of the Ocean Conservancy's "International Coastal Cleanup Day." The cleanup will help prevent predators, attracted by trash, from becoming accustomed to visiting Sandy Point, one of the most important sites in CT for Piping Plovers and other beach-nesting bird species.

Please dress appropriately (shoes, not sandals), and bring work gloves, sunscreen, and water bottles (we will have water for refills, but not disposable water bottles). Meet at the parking lot on Beach St. (immediately east of Chick's Restaurant/ 183 Beach St., next to the skate park). Come for all or part of the time. Contact: Winie Wirth: 203-859-2971 or wirthwitte at att.net.

Corrie Folsom-O'Keefe
Important Bird Area Program Coordinator
Audubon CT
Cfolsom-okeefe at audubon.org