[CT Birds] rentschler field

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 12 20:07:47 EDT 2014

Today's Hartford Courant ran an article on the Rentschler Field development. I thought it was a good piece and included quotes from several of our local bird experts. Patrick Comins' quotes were particularly incisive. What irked me was that the Matos development group claimed how concerned they were for the habitat and that they had spent millions to create comparable grassland habitat elsewhere. I do not know if that is correct but it seemed unlikely.

I also got a phone call from a roving reporter at 7 pm tonight trying to get a live interview with someone right away. I was not available but mentioned the names in the article. I don't know if she got hold of anyone. I just find it remarkable that all this interest is being generated for an issue that has pretty much died.

Zellene