[CT Birds] Carrier pigeon -Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 9 16:05:29 EDT 2014

While washing off a chair I plan to use at the Chestnut Hill hawk watch in Litchfield I noted a carrier pigeon walking around by our back door. The pigeon was obviously interested in drinking the water I had been spilling to clean this chair. Amazingly tame. Called Ken Elkins about the pigeon and he suggested trying to get a band number off the bird to figure out where it came from. The bird has a dark green colored band on it's right leg and red colored band on it's left leg. Have not been able to see a band with any numbers but I believe there is another band under one of the colored bands on the bird. Suggestions on what to do about this carrier pigeon. The last I looked it was still walking around the area looking for food.

David W Babington
Washington, CT