Bensilano bensilano at netscape.net
Wed Sep 10 08:59:17 EDT 2014

Two hummers.
I have two female hummers feeding at my feeders. I believe they are juveniles. I know that this may not be typical hummer behavior, but it seems they are friends. They feed together and when one is absent the other flys in and out of the near by trees squeaking. Almost as if she is looking for the other one. Then they sit at the feeder together for a bit, then they start chasing each other around. I thought maybe I was watching more then two hummers. So I looked at them with my binoculars. One has a black spot under her left wing and, well the other squeaks a lot. So I know I'm only watching these two.

Ben Silano
New Hartford