[CT Birds] 106 Nighthawks at Audubon Greenwich. Potentially good hawkwatching tomorrow at Quaker Ridge

Ryan Maclean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 20:19:30 EDT 2014

Had a surprisingly good late nighthawk flight over Audubon Greenwich this
evening, with 106 counted from 2 PM onwards. Many were seen to our East
actively feeding and generally moving in a Northerly direction.

After a lackluster day of hawkwatching today (7 birds total), it looks like
a front pushing through tonight should bring Northerly winds for
tomorrow...and hopefully some Broad-Winged Hawks with it. Both tomorrow and
Sunday are looking like contenders for our first Broad-Wing push of the
season so the more eyes the merrier.
Today's total:
Osprey: 2
Northern Harrier: 1