[CT Birds] 9/14/2014 - Branford Supply Ponds - HOODED & CANADA WARBLERS

Gina Nichol gina at sunrisebirding.com
Sun Sep 14 11:18:51 EDT 2014

9/14/2014 - Branford Supply Ponds held some very cooperative warblers this
morning.  I could almost reach out and touch all but the HOODED WARBLER that
popped up in the jewelweed near the pond where the small bridge is.  It looked
at me for a second and as I realized what it was, it dropped down and vanished
into the undergrowth.  I was watching the rest of the flock when a Sharp-shinned
Hawk out and through a thick tangle and all the birds fled.

EBird report below.

Gina Nichol
Branford, CT

Branford Supply Ponds, New Haven, US-CT
Sep 14, 2014 7:30 AM - 9:39 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
32 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose  6
Mute Swan  3
American Black Duck  4
Mallard  2
American Black Duck x Mallard (hybrid)  1
Turkey Vulture  1
Osprey  2
Sharp-shinned Hawk  1
Mourning Dove  6