[CT Birds] Important Information for Birders

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 15:25:02 EDT 2014

On August 22, representatives from COA, CT Audubon and Audubon CT met with
officials of the DEEP to discuss current plans for Hammonasset, Silver
Sands and other birding areas in Connecticut. I prepared a detailed summary
of the meeting for the COA Quarterly Bulletin, which was distributed last
week and is now on the COA Home page.  Our discussions dealt with the
recent kite string issue at Hammonasset and several other subjects that
have been raised on this list recently.  The full Bulletin can be found at
this link   http://ctbirding.org/2014docs/COABulletinFall2014.pdf.  and the
report is under Conservation News on p.3.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut