[CT Birds] Fall migrants

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Tue Sep 16 14:43:50 EDT 2014

I had my first White-throated Sparrow of the season today at the Audubon Center at Bent of the River and two Purple Finches at the feeders.  Also some great views of a Prairie Warbler in the cedars near the office.  Not sure if the PRAW was a migrant or local nester though.  The bird and butterfly gardens continue to be pretty active with good views of birds flitting about from the birding balcony.   Early morning or afternoons after 3PM seem to be the best times.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut