[CT Birds] Bent and Yard Birds

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Sep 17 10:05:06 EDT 2014

I got to work a bit early and figured I would take a walk along the paddock trail.  It was pretty productive with Lincoln's and White-throated Sparrows and a Philadelphia Vireo.  Decent but brief looks at the Philly, but unfortunately no photo!  Also a couple of Purple Finches and a Hooded Warbler still singing.

There was a Red-breasted Nuthatch calling in my yard this morning.   Yesterday evening at the Bent there was a decent warbler movement from near the birding balcony with the best bird being a Blackburnian Warbler.

For Roy:

>From Patrick Comins:

09/17/14 - Southbury, Audubon Center at Bent of the River - Lincoln's Sparrow and Philadelphia Vireo.

Meriden, Yard, Red-breasted Nuthatch.

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut