[CT Birds] Fairfield Kestral

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Wed Sep 17 22:08:22 EDT 2014

Passing this along.

 From Judy Richardson
I saw a Kestrel hovering over the beach at the Country Club of Fairfield, along with a Buff breasted Sandpiper.
The sandpiper was along the fairway close to the beach. There were more on the beach, about the same size, but I didn’t have my scope for them, just the one on the fairway as I played golf.
Had several Monk Parakeets (haven’t seen as many as in previous years) spooked by a big Red tailed hawk.
At Birdcraft this morning we had a Gray-cheeked Thush, along with a Swainson’s. Last week we had 2 Veerys. We had our first Maggie as well as a Yellowthroat.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT