[CT Birds] Rocky Hill Sparrow Spot and Fox Newst CT story

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Sep 19 13:15:59 EDT 2014

A delay in an appointment to speak with. a reporter about Rentschler Field afforded me an opportunity to drive through Rocky Hill Meadows.  I had more than a dozen Indigo Buntings and a bunch of common sparrows in the weedy patch just south of the turn off to the swamp at the Rocky Hill/Wethersfield line.  This spot should be watched carefully this fall for some good birds.

Tonight, between 4-5 Fox News CT 61 will be featuring an interview with me about grassland birds and Rentschler Field.  Hopefully I won't fall asleep during the interview since I foolishly did a day trip to Cape May yesterday and even more foolishly arrived at Higbee for first light.

Patrick Comins,  Audubon Connecticut

Sent from my iPhone