[CT Birds] Nighthawks, &c., Hamden - Upper Lake Whitney Cycle, Sep 19, 2014

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Fri Sep 19 19:29:37 EDT 2014

Out with Mary tonight & finally saw some Nighthawks, the first in a while.  Such lovely birds in flight.

From Mary Porterfield & Arthur Shippee:
09/19/14 - Hamden, Waite St. bridge -- 3 Common Nighthawks
cavorting over Lake Whitney bay & North Lake condos.

There is still plenty of bottom visible, and a Greater Yellowlegs continues, north of Waite St. bridge, and Killdeer continue, north of Mather St. bridge.  One Osprey enjoyed bathing, which I caught on film a bit;  the ducks & G.Y.L. seemed not to mind.  List below is NOT complete.

Begin forwarded message: