[CT Birds] Chestnut Hill HW - One hawk Saturday and and hawk watch closed Sunday

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 20 16:56:55 EDT 2014

After two and a half hours looking for migrating hawks at Chestnut Hill in Litchfield, CT today (Saturday, 20 Sept) we just saw one Cooper's hawk so called it a day. We are taking this Sunday (21 Sept) off from watching hawks at Chestnut Hill but will be back at Chestnut Hill on Monday and Tuesday (22 and 23 Sept). Our last regular day of  counting migrating hawks at Chestnut Hill will be this Tuesday. Not the best way to start the Hawk Migration Association of North America's first international migratory hawk week today. Hope things will pick up at Chestnut Hill on Monday and Tuesday.

David W Babington
Washington, CT