[CT Birds] Old Saybrook and Maine Birds

John Ogren northernrail at comcast.net
Mon Sep 15 19:32:11 EDT 2014

 Spent Friday and Saturday at our camp outside Augusta Maine, (southern 1/3). Saw a Northern Waterthrush, One Common Loon, pair of wood Ducks, Kingfisher, Ravens,  and surprisingly an Osprey. We have only about 2-3 Osprey in Old saybrook this weekend- down from 6-8 just last week.
  9/15 Old Saybrook, Plum Bank Marsh 6 PM- 10 adult LITTLE BLUE HERON, 12 im. LITTLE BLUE HERON,  4 SEASIDE SPARROWS, no salt marsh sparrows, 12 Spotted Sandpipers (down from 20-30 a week ago), 4 G. Yellowlegs, no Willets, no small "peeps", 30-40 Snowy Egrets.
John Ogren
Northern Rail Services, Inc
fax 860-339-5209