[CT Birds] O.T. question about bumble bees

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 19:00:52 EDT 2014

​9/16 In my Orange backyard there is Golden Rod.
I just went outside(6:50PM) and I noticed that on the Golden Rod are about
2 dozen small to medium bumble bees(the black & yellow fuzzy ones). They
are just resting on the Golden Rod, some hanging underneath the golden rod,
barely moving.  I see their antennae moving a bit, but they are not
crawling around on the golden rod nor flying.  I thought they go to a hive
at night.  Is this normal?  I took pictures of them.
Bev Propen, Orange