[CT Birds] Glastonbury Residents, Pipeline informational meeting tomorrow (Wed.) night

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Tue Sep 16 19:07:23 EDT 2014

There is a big upgrade planned for the Algonquin gas pipeline.  There is a meeting for Glastonbury residents tomorrow night from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Riverfront Community Center, 300 Welles St. ?where residents can get more detailed information about wetland and other habitat impacts related to this development.

This is a big and sprawling project and very difficult to assess impacts to specific areas of importance to birds from the low resolution maps we have seen so far.   It would be really great if some folks familiar with the habitats in Glastonbury could go to this meeting and report back.   We will be keeping an eye out for opportunities to learn more about the potential impacts in other areas as well, as some comment deadlines are quickly approaching.

Spectra Energy Looking To Expand Pipeline Capacity In Glastonbury - Courant.com
GLASTONBURY - Nearly 15 years ago, a natural gas pipeline was installed reaching from the banks of the Connecticut River in South Glastonbury across southern and eastern portions of town.
Read more...<http://www.courant.com/community/glastonbury/hc-glastonbury-gas-line-0917-20140916,0,7942355.story>

I'm not sure I can make it there tomorrow night...and not even sure that non-residents are welcome.

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road