[CT Birds] Common Ravens in Connecticut

Jan Hollerbach smilifase at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 11:54:35 EDT 2014

There are Common Ravens down in Fairfield.  Several people (better birders
than I) have also seen them.  And I believe they nested this year.  I heard
this loud "screaming" and thought a group of people were being murdered!
 It was quite unnerving.  Then when I went outside to see if I needed to
call 911 I saw a large group of big black birds in the
distance.....definitely too big for crows!  And they were making the noise!
 I checked fledgling Raven calls on my iPhone app and BINGO!!!  This
happened 3 or 4 times over the next 2 weeks and then stopped.

Jan Hollerbach